Like so many before me, I have fallen off the blogging wagon. And by fallen, I mean I only wrote one post in the past six months. The title of this post says it all. There are so many times in my day when I can almost hear the voice of that woman on youtube who went viral with her quote, "Ain't nobody got time for that."
I'd like to work on self-improvement. I'd like to be a meditating, Crossfitting, crafting, cooking, cleaning, volunteering, blogger/wife/mother/teacher/lawyer, but there is not enough time in the day. I read somewhere in a potentially reputable source that we are most successful when we focus on one or two goals. So blogging isn't going to be in my one or two.
For right now, I've been working so hard that my health has taken a hit. I'm not working out like I used to or eating as healthy as I should. My stress levels are high, mostly due to my long hours and my obnoxious commute (more than two hours of my day). So for right now, my first focus is on health.
My second focus is on career, but only in a way that it continues to move me forward without having a negative detriment on my health. If that means not going to the extra mile when it's going to mean extra stress or missing a workout, then I need to make that decision. This is a tough thing for me to do, but I need to be sustainable.
So blogging isn't really my goal, but it sure was easy to do. I guess I did have time for that. Maybe I'll do it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment